Please contact the laboratory if you have any questions. Fees are subject to change without notice.
|Rabies Only Submissions
Please Note: To determine the cost of your submission please add together the Brain Removal fee, Rabies FA, and Carcass Disposal Fee (if over 40lbs).
- Bat Submission Guidelines. No live animals will be accepted by the laboratory. CVMDL will not accept animals that are submitted in animal traps of any kind for diagnostic testing, e.g. necropsy, rabies testing. Visual inspection of animals will be made at submission, and requests for service may be turned away if animals are live or needing extraction from traps. Bats should be in a clear container to facilitate a visual assessment of status. Live bats submitted through couriers will be returned via the same courier at the submitter’s expense. If bats reported as deceased are found alive a hazardous euthanasia fee of $200.00 will be added to the case.
||Turn Around Time (Business Days)
||Freshly Dead Animal, Head
- $25.00, small species e.g. skunk, raccoon, companion animals, young farm animals
- $30.00, Adult Equine, Adult Cattle, Small ruminant without horns/antlers
- $45.00, Adult Cattle with horns, Adult wildlife with antlers (e.g. moose)
- $44.80, Small species e.g. skunk, raccoon, companion animals, young farm animals
- $56.00 Adult Equine, Adult Cattle, Large wildlife (e.g. moose)
|Carcass disposal following rabies testing
||Freshly Dead Animal
- First 40 pounds free
- $0.65 per pound over 40 lbs
- Private cremation is available through outside crematoriums, only if submitted animal tests negative for rabies.